Writing Honors & Awards
- Where Souls Collide wins Science Fiction category of the 2008 African American Literary
- Novel "Inkling," awarded fourth place overall, Single Title category, Coeur de Louisiane's
2005 Romancing the Tome Contest. (Agent Paige Wheeler, finalist judge)
- 2003 United Way Community Services annual campaign video, “What Matters,” awarded
first place at the United Way Great Rivers Communications Contest
- 1994-95 Annual Report, Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau, IABC Honorable
Mention (Annual Report 1-3 color category).
- “Romance,” awarded first place in the 1993 Paul Laurence Dunbar poetry contest
sponsored by the Detroit Writers Guild.
- “Milagro” (poetry) featured in the Metro Times 1992 annual Summer Fiction Issue.
- Best Women's Section, 1991 and 1992 by the National Newspaper Publishers Association
(NNPA) for Michigan Chronicle’s Compositions section.
- Third place, Best Feature category, 1991 by NNPA for “Lula Belle Stewart Center: Making a
Way for Teen Moms to Succeed.” (Michigan Chronicle)