I breathe. I pray. I dream. I write.
Thanks to the people who love me enough to let me live my mantra: Critique partners who’ve been secure enough to support me, savvy enough to guide me and smart enough to question me. True friends who know who they are by the amount of conspiring, consoling, whispering and wishing we’ve shared. Brothers who never seem as far as they are because they’re always here for me. Parents who taught me the value of hard work, high expectations and faith. Kids who keep me grounded and push my reach.
I breathe, I pray, I dream, I write because of you.
Where Souls Collide
Navena Larimore's life as a driven exec at a struggling newspaper and sexy gal pal to Detroit’s hottest young architect leaves little time to ponder the past or fantasize her future. That is, until former NBA star Maxwell McKnight – once her only vice – buys the paper, becomes her new boss, and begs for a second chance. Worse, he brings a murderous nightmare in his wake that ushers Navena into a world of dual dimensions and an untapped psychic legacy. Forced to decide between past and present lovers, Navena learns to unlock her gift, cheat fate, and heal her heart.
"Strong and talented characters appealingly give pace to a wonderfully written novel."
– Coffee Time Romance
Use these questions - along with your own - to guide your personal reflection or Book Club discussion around Where Souls Collide.
**Interesting omission: After the book was published, I noticed that the date is missing from Chapter Thirty-Two. The ending takes place on Monday, June 6th. Opinion is split. Some say knowing that timing makes a difference to them. What about you?
(1) A popular notion asserts that everyone has a look-alike. If you believe you have a physical twin in the world – despite the ancestral, genetic, social and environmental differences that might make this seem impossible – do you think it’s possible to have a spiritual twin as well?
(2) Have you ever met someone who seemed to unlock potential, skills, traits or beliefs you didn’t realize you possessed?
(3) Do you think Navena totally lacked the gifts and traits Vee held?
(3) Who do you think was more in love: Navena and Maxwell or Vee and Mack?
(5) Do you believe that there is one someone for everyone? Or do you believe more in “love the one you’re with”?
(6) What do you think attracted Navena to Luke? What did she love about Maxwell?
(7) When you fall in love, what keeps you attached – mind, body or spirit?
(8) Have you experienced star-crossed love (a relationship where you love someone you can’t connect with because of timing or circumstance)?
(9) If you were Navena (or Maxwell), do you think a second chance could over come the challenges of their past relationship?
(10) If you could prevent – with certainty – your child from experiencing any particular aspect of life, would you? If so, what would that be?
(11) Can you pinpoint the singular moment in time that led to where you are right now – romantically, financially, socially or professionally? If you could change it, would you?
(12) Who winds up together at the end of Where Souls Collide?
Praise for Where Souls Collide
“WHERE SOULS COLLIDE is a stunning debut and a magnificent read. Worth's writing, the story and the plot grabs on to the reader and doesn't let go. [. . .] It's such a wonderful twist on the soul mates plot that it will make believers in true love out of the most cynical people. And the love scenes are spicy hot. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great read with paranormal, suspense and romance all woven together.”
– Reader Woman "The Book Diva," Amazon.com
“WHERE SOULS COLLIDE is a complex paranormal romantic suspense thriller starring two fascinating lead characters who battle each other and their karma. The story line is far from linear, but retains a delightful fluidity even as it goes back and forth in time. Fans who enjoy a multifaceted tale of love will appreciate this fine Motor City romance that is worth reading.”
– Harriett Klausner
4 1/2 stars
“Worth has masterfully written a paranormal adventure with superbly developed characters. The imagery in the descriptions will force you to stay up late reading and thinking about Navena’s next move. The suspense, romance and fiery love scenes all brilliantly combine to make this one of the best paranormal romances this year. [. . .] The twist in the storyline along with smoothness of time shifting will leave you in awe.”
– Deltareviewer, www.realpageturners.com
“Stefanie Worth gives you mystery, wonderful well-developed characters, and imagery. Worth truly keeps you on the edge of your seat with every page from beginning to end. There is nothing predictable about this book, at all. [. . .] I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in psychics, mystery, and good romance.”
– Jennifer Coissiere, APOOO BookClub
"This story is interestingly diverse, cleverly covering problems associated with preventing a struggling paper from diving into trouble. Intermingling paranormal elements add mystery, suspense and intrigue. Love touchingly plays its formidable role throughout the romantic scenes. I distinctively relished rereading the descriptive weather scenes that were beautifully illustrated. Filled with plots and subplots with Navena trying to unravel mysterious dreams and events connected to her dreams to Luke revealing another side to his character and deeds makes for a suspenseful read. Strong and talented characters appealingly give pace to a wonderfully written novel."
--Delores of Coffee Time Romance
"WHERE SOULS COLLIDE by Stefanie Worth is mixture of suspense and romance as you follow the clues to Navena’s dreams only to be thwarted into the unknown. The author provides a story laced with intrigue as you root for Navena to match the clues and solve the puzzle, which has become her life. WHERE SOULS COLLIDE is a captivating story with a different twist within the romance genre."
– Dawn Reeves of The RAWSISTAZ™ Reviewers