can you believe
THE HOLIDAY INN contains an expertly crafted trio of stories guaranteed to bring on your holiday spirit. Each of these novellas is smooth as a sip of eggnog and just as delicious. [...] I highly recommend this book. Each story is equally good and definitely above the norm quality-
wise for holiday novellas. Sit back and enjoy it with the holiday libation of your choice!
– Heather Hiestand for Romance Reader at Heart
Read an excerpt
Can You Believe (a novella in The Holiday Inn anthology)
When a visit from the Spirit of Christmas gives newlyweds a glimpse into a future without each other, can a trip to the Holiday Inn persuade them to make a passionate new beginning?
Use these questions - along with your own - to guide your personal reflection or Book Club discussion around Can You Believe.
(1) An old saying asserts that “The day before your wedding reflects like a mirror the marriage that will follow.” (That is, if the day before your wedding is wonderful and blissful, your relationship will follow suit. If your pre-wedding day is awful, well your marriage will be, too.) What about first anniversaries? How much power do you think the first twelve months of marriage have over the rest of a couple’s life together?
(2) In today’s economy, would you financially support a spouse/partner like Naymond?
(3) Do you think there’s more to the Eva and Naymond situation than he told Fallon?
(4) If you were in Fallon’s shoes, what would you believe about Naymond?
(5) Would you make a good celebrity spouse/partner?
(6) If your spouse/partner hit the lottery today (be that literally or in terms of a dream
career, etc.) what would be your most difficult adjustment?
(7) If you could ask for – and receive – a glimpse into the future, what would you want
(8) Have you ever regretted getting something you wished for?
(9) Do you think Naymond and Fallon are headed for happily ever after?
Praise for Can You Believe
"Stefanie Worth has penned another exceptional paranormal short story, Can You Believe. Fallon and Naymond Terry are approaching their one year anniversary but things aren't really working. Fallon has been working overtime everyday to support her husband. While Naymond has taken time off from selling houses to pursue his dreams of being an R&B star by competing on the television show, Chart Toppers. They have been separated by thousands of miles for most of their marriage, communication is limited and the tabloid has printed some racy photos of Naymond with another woman. Just before the final taping the show takes a break, hopefully this weekend the Terry's can renew their love and save their marriage.
However, the story is not that simple. Worth injects another woman, 'glimpse' into the future, along with money, sex and power. The characters are believable and tug at your heart. The magic from the 'glimpse' may be enough the change the course of this fluttering relationship while offering a dramatic ending to a brilliantly romantic holiday story."
– Deltareviewer for Real Page Turners (reviewing "Can You Believe")
Finding Love A Second Time Around
Worth introduces readers to Fallon and Naymond Terry in "Can You Believe". Naymond is sure to win Charts Topper contest; after all, he has the look and he is considered to be the next neo-soul superstar. Fallon is so proud of Naymond. Yet as he gets closer to winning, she is beginning to have doubts of what her life would be like. On a chance meeting, Fallon meets a psychic who gives her a snow globe. Each time she shook the globe, their lives changed and it allowed them to take a look at their future. It was a future that neither of them was prepared to face or accept.
--Priscilla C. Johnson, APOOO BookClub
4 STARS - HOT
In these three holiday stories relationships are examined, repaired and enhanced with the magical backdrop of a winter retreat. The situations feel real, the characters are well developed and the stories will draw you in.
-- Romantic Times
THE HOLIDAY INN has three stories interwoven in magical holiday themes. In each tale, the couples are already in established relationships and are just trying to spark the flames that initially burned when they first met. Each story provides great insight into male thoughts and how they yearn for intimacy and love as much as their women. Each of the characters is well rounded and believable. Just in time for the holiday season, readers will enjoy these tales of everyday challenges and everlasting love.
-- Anthonette Dotson for Romance Reviews Today
I like that all three stories end with the people still working on what they need to in order to overcome what divided them. Marriages are constant work and while I’d love to think that long term behavior changes can happen overnight, the image of these couples continuing to resolve the problems they’ve admitted to makes more sense. And I do get the feeling with all of them that they will continue to do whatever it takes to save the love they still feel for each other. And so, brava ladies for a job well done. Each story garners a B from me and the collection as a whole is one I can recommend for people looking for a Christmas anthology by three fine authors.
-- Dear Author